Hello Babes! I have never had a super elaborate skincare routine or used many trendy products or procedures; however, as I have headed into my twenties, I have become more mindful of caring for my skin, especially when it comes to anti-aging. You can never start too soon when it comes to anti-aging treatments. Here are 5 practical tips for product use and facials to change your complexion for the better.
- My most simple but essential product… Mario Badescu Rosewater + Aloe facial spray. I first received this as a gift from my boss but quickly got addicted. It has multi functionality being a hydrating mist for dry skin and a setting spray for makeup. I use it in the morning and at night before bed. I have tried a few other Mario Badescu products and have liked them all; highly recommend!
- Rose Gold Black Head Removal Kit; I got this kit last year and have loved what it does. Touching your skin with your hands places oils onto your face; so this kit is super useful when you want to pop a pimple or remove a blackhead without adding more oils to your skin and without transferring the bacteria from the pimple to other areas. They can be challenging to use if you have never used black head removal tools before; remember to be gentle and use the needle sparingly.
- IPL Photo Facial; I recently had my first photo facial to target sun spots, premature wrinkles and broken capillaries. Initially, I had mixed opinions about the procedure. I have had laser hair removal before so I had something to compare the pain against. I thought the IPL laser was more painful than the laser hair removal laser; but that could also be because the target area was my face. After the procedure they applied a Vitamin C mask which was super cooling after the heat from the laser. I didn’t notice any visible changes in my skin until about 6 days after the facial. I noticed my broken capillaries were less pigmented and my skin tone was more even. My dermatologist explained the IPL treatments work best in a series of 2 or 3 but I am still skeptical and decided to hold off. Have any of you got an IPL facial? What did you think? Tell me about it in the comments!
4. Alpha Beta Glow Pads; You guys… these are actually life changing. (Shout out to my boyfriend’s sister, Natalie, for showing me these)! You can apply them to your face and neck before bed and wake up with a tan glow. The way it works is through exfoliating acids that weaken the connection between dead skin cells; this essentially speeds up the process of shedding dead skin cells. It minimizes pores and fades wrinkles too! Need I say more?! This is definitely one of my favorite products to use before an event or weekend where I know I will be taking a lot of pictures.
5. Men’s Triple Protect Face Lotion; Yes, Men’s is right. It may sound weird but this stuff is the best SPF lotion I have ever used on my face and has been a staple in my make-up bag for over 2 years. It is not oily or thick and it feels refreshing when applied. It’s also made to soothe razor irritation for men, so it soothes the skin and tones pigmentation. I usually mix it into my foundation in the morning. It is super cheap compared to other women’s SPF lotions at only $10.
Comment any skincare products you think I should try and any IPL experiences you have!
For more beauty tips + tricks… check out my Make-Up Routine Vlog!