There are a few questions I frequently get asked and I thought it would be beneficial to answer them here & allow my readers to get to know me better.
Without further adieu…
Here are 20 Things About Me:
- I am 22. I am about to graduate from The University of San Diego & have had the goal of starting a lifestyle blog by the time I graduate.
- I majored in Marketing. And hope to continue my career as a sales rep because I am super competitive by nature.
- I was born in Kansas. I still have midwestern values and am thankful and humbled to have grown up there. When I was 18 I moved to Arizona where I attended the University of Arizona before meeting the love of my life, John, and moving to San Diego. (KC →AZ→SD)
- I have an old soul. I always tell myself I am a 57 year old woman living in a 22 year olds body. I love nothing more than a bold tannin zinfandel & a good book while listening to Van Morrison.
- My style icon is Rosie Huntington Whiteley. With Erin Wasson as a very close second. So cool + posh. Check my style inspiration here.
- My hair is real. I have naturally thick hair which is a blessing and a curse (it takes me almost an hour to blow dry). Read my haircare & styling tricks under the Cosmetic Aesthetic tab.
- I am Swedish. And recently had the pleasure of visiting Stockholm, one of my favorite cities in the world. Explore my post on why you should go to Stockholm too.
- I do not eat red meat. I cut out red meat 2 years ago. Mostly for environmental reasons but I definitely have felt a physical change in my body & energy since eliminating it from my diet.
- I love Spanish. I used to Minor in Spanish & am a proficient speaker. I have always loved the Spanish language & culture. I once gave an entire presentation on Enrique Iglesias in school. Te Amo Enrique.
- I don’t have any tattoos. Or piercings (besides my ears). Tattoos and/or piercings were the bane of my mother’s existence when I was growing up and she forbid me to get any; it kind of stuck with me, although I think they are beautiful.
- My biggest fear is the word “vein”. Don’t ask me why. I’ve just always hated the word. It literally gives me shivers. I know it is ridiculous.
- I am an avid cycler. I found the only way I truly enjoyed working out after I tried my first spin class. I try to go 5 to 6 times a week. It keeps my body fit but more importantly, I use it for stress therapy. It works wonders in both respects. Try it!
- I believe sleep is the cure all remedy. A good night’s sleep can go a long way. Firm believer that water + sleep, although simple, are some of the best remedies for illness, sadness, anxiety etc.
- I would choose tequila or mezcal over vodka or gin any day. Healthier + more robust. If you’ve never tried mezcal, give it a shot (pun definitely intended).
- Christmas is my heart and soul. I am 100% that annoying November 1st Christmas decorator and my boyfriend John HATES it.
- I have OCD. When it comes to certain things, like cleaning, I have a pretty substantial OCD issue.
- I used to be addicted to tanning beds. SO bad for you. If any young girls ever read this, please, don’t do it. Being Swedish, I am naturally fair skinned. I used to go multiple times a week when I was a high schooler and I will never be able to undo the damage it caused to my skin. Use a fake tanner instead.
- My pet peeve is small talk. Although unavoidable, small talk is one of my biggest peeves. Let’s have insightful conversations. I love when I can be open and learn from people. Quality over quantity in friendships.
- It is my dream to have my own garden one day. With lilacs, roses, peonies, lavender, basil (I hope these can all grow in the same climate..) I will pop some champagne, turn up the music and garden away. It’s the little things.
- My eyes change color. They change with my mood. No one believes me until they see it for themselves and then they are freaked out. It’s a real thing. Blue= happy; Green= Neutral; Gray= Sad